Skip to content
- Make sure that npm is compatible with Node.js. If not uninstall using
npm uninstall -g npm and then reinstall using the Node.js website selecting the most recent version.
- This is a common issue with installing Node.js with Homebrew
- If you are having problems with permission on global node_modules folder check permissions.
- See who owns the directory
ls -la /usr/local/lib/
- return your current username:
- Change the owner and group
sudo chown -R [owner]:[owner] /usr/local/lib/node_modules
- Uninstall and reinstall sitepseed.io using sudo
npm uninstall -g sitespeed.io
sudo npm install -g sitespeed.io
- Test with
sitespeed.io https://sitespeed.io in a home child directory
- Upgrade Chrome if problems with the driver